1. INTRODUCTION; GENERAL TERMS.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Tracking Technologies”) to collect Additional Information automatically as you interact with the Services. Tracking Technologies enable us, among other things, to track your interaction with the Services, and target your interests to enhance your experience with the Services. We may also use Tracking Technologies to collect “clickstream” data, such as your device type, operating system and platform, the average time spent using the Services, content viewed and searched for, access times and other relevant statistics, and may assign unique identifiers to your device or other credentials you use to access and/or use the Services for the same purposes. We may associate the information obtained through these Tracking Technologies and your UDID, anonymous identifiers and other identifiers and data with your Personal Information so we can better customize your experience using the Services and provide tailored recommendations, advertisements, promotions and other content related to your specific interests, activities and/or profile.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
3.1 We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing any information, services or products that you request or purchase on through the Services;
- Contacting you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Services;
- Sending you marketing, promotional and other e-mails and correspondence;
- Allowing you to participate in the support and other features of the Services;
- Responding to your questions or other requests;
- Tailoring your experience with the Services and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you use the Services;
- Saving your User Account, registration and profile data or other Personal Information (so you are not required to have to re-enter it each time you use and/or access the Services);
- Providing and/or otherwise making available the Services and any other information, products and services of enhanced value to you;
- Marketing and promoting the Services, including promotions and other initiatives and activities;
- Where you order goods or services, performing credit checking where relevant;
- For the prevention and detection of fraud or infringement of our or any third party’s rights;
- Tracking your return visits to and use of the Services;
- To comply with legal obligations or legal process; and
3.2 In addition, we may use your Additional Information for the following purposes:
- For research purposes, marketing/promotional purposes and/or to provide anonymous de-identified reporting for internal and external clients, business partners, third party organizations, etc.;
- Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Services and user activity;
- Determining which features, functionality and portions of the Services users like best to help us operate the Services, enhance and improve the Services and display advertising and marketing information;
- Tracking your return visits to and use of the Services in order to enhance your experience while visiting the Site
- For other purposes disclosed to you at the time you provide us with the Additional Information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the service requested.
4. USER CHOICE, WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT AND OPT-OUT
4.1 Preferences. You may change your privacy preferences (e.g., ask us not to share your Personal Information with a particular third party) by sending an email to us at email@example.com detailing your privacy request. Other privacy preferences (e.g., limiting location services), depending on the nature of the specific feature, functionality or offering, may be designated by modifying your account privacy, permission and/or account options on the Services (if applicable) or your device (if applicable). If you ask us to stop using your Personal Information, we will honor that request while retaining a record of any Personal Information as necessary to comply with applicable foreign, federal, state or local law, and/or to conduct legitimate business activities; provided, however, that you may be unable to continue to use the Services (in whole or in part), if you require us to stop using your Personal Information. You always have the right to review and correct the Personal Information you have provided to us and generally you may update or delete (subject to our rights above) certain Personal Information by contacting us as described in Section 12.
4.2 Marketing and Promotional Communications. From time to time, you may be presented with the option of whether to receive, or you may be automatically entered to receive, certain marketing, promotional and/or fund raising communications from us and others that we think will be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe to receive certain such communications by either following the specific instructions included in such communications or you may “opt-out” of receiving certain marketing and promotional e-mails from us by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your privacy request. Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your Personal Information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any Personal Information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt out or unsubscribe cannot be retrieved or rescinded by us unless required by applicable law, and you cannot retroactively opt out or unsubscribe with respect to such third parties. Further, also please note that in order to keep you informed about the operation of the Services, we may always send you emails, notifications and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of the Services, including, without limitation, for the purposes described in Section 3 above, in connection with your use thereof. We may also have features that allow you to submit information, questions or feedback to us. In those instances, we may retain your emails and other information you submit to us for our internal purposes, and to help us, our service providers and affiliates serve you better.
5. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
5.1 Disclosure to Third Parties. We reserve the right to use, share, exchange, sell, rent, lease and/or disclose to third parties any of your Information for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of furthering our charitable mission and as may otherwise be described in Section 3 above, and your access to and/or use of the Services shall be deemed your express, affirmative “opt-in” consent to the foregoing. You can choose to opt-out of certain such uses as described in Section 4 above.
5.3 Service Providers. We may also disclose your Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Services (“MDA Service Providers”). We use MDA Service Providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we disclose your Information to MDA Service Providers for the purpose of providing services to us and our affiliated companies, organizations and initiatives.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors under 18 years of age without written consent from a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 18 do not submit your Personal Information through the Site.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information. Our server uses Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption to protect information submitted via the forms on this site. SSL is the industry standard security protocol. All credit card information is protected in accordance with PCI standards. All off-line information is securely stored and is accessible only by authorized staff. However, regardless of our efforts, the network, and the device you use to access the Services, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission.
8. INTEGRATION AND INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS AND SERVICES
MDA obtains contact details and other personal information regarding media contacts and influencers from a variety of sources including Cision. If you wish to know more about how such information is collected and used, please refer to Cision’s privacy notice at www.cision.com/us/legal/privacy-policy/.
11. INTERNATIONAL USAGE
The Services are controlled, operated and administered entirely within the United States of America and its territories. If you do not reside in the United States and its territories, do not submit your Information through the Site. If you do visit, access, interact with and/or otherwise use the Services from a location outside the United States, please be advised that any Information you provide in connection with any such activity will be processed in and/or transferred to the United States of America, where privacy protections may not be as comprehensive as those in the territory or location where you interact with or otherwise use the Services. By using the Services, you affirmatively consent to this transfer, use and other administration of your Information as described herein.
12. CONTACT US
Mail: Muscular Dystrophy Association
Attn: c/o Privacy Matters
161 N. Clark
Chicago, IL 60601
13. SOLE STATEMENT